Monday, January 22, 2007

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

I just started reading it today. I have long wanted to purchase this book and read it despite being in the middle of The Count of Monte Cristo (which I fear I will never finish). So far it is holding my attention and I want to keep reading. But I wanted to share a sentence with you all which got me thinking as usual. This comes just after Santiago, the Shepard has just woken. He states to himself "They are so used to me that they know my schedule." This instantly made me think about Jesus and how he is the Good Shepard and we are his sheep who are suppose to know his voice. If we know Jesus voice we will know when he speaks which seems so seldom in these days. It is so hard to hear his voice with all the noise, curse you iPod. I have lately been longing to hear his voice which I cannot seem to find. So as I search his voice out I encourage you all to do the same. Now may you go and search for your Shepard's voice and learn to follow it.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jon

P.S. Brent I'm not sure if the title option shows up on firefox for mac. I still cannot find it. I might be blind.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Yeah, you're blind.