Saturday, December 30, 2006

So I haven't posted in a little while even though I have nothing to do, not because I do not want to but because I do not have a computer at the moment. Last weekend on the 23rd my cd drive on my Mac broke (Boooo!) and I have not gotten it back yet (Booooo!). I am currently on my mother's laptop (my old one) this is really the first chance I have had to get on a computer since then (good and bad) and I would use the Wii but it would take so bloody long to write a post. But I was wandering around on some friends blogs today and linked to another person's blog and found this fun game.

The Book Game.

Here are the rules

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

Here it Goes (And if you know me well you will know I didn't cheat because of the author and book, ugggg. Plus the quote is utterly boring).


"The Protestants protested many problems in the Roman Catholic Church, especially confusion about how people are saved.
Regarding the latter concern, as we discussed in previous chapters, the meaning of salvation wasn't questioned; the means of salvation was the issue. By what means do people get to heaven? Catholics often (not always) taught that Jesus was the Savior, but that Christians needed to merit the salvation Jesus offered."
Amended since Brent read the instructions completely where as I did not.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jon

4 comments:

Brent said...

You didn't follow the rules! You are supposed to post the text of FOUR sentences, starting with the FIFTH sentence on page 123. You only posted one sentence, which doesn't give us much to go on.

Andrew said...

oh yeah... take this...

Warm temperatures and high humidity accelerate tape deterioration. Indeed, high humidity can lead to water penetration into the gaps of wound tape after long storage periods, causing tape layers to stick or the magnetic particles to rust, or both. Concerns about potential problems with DAT lead logically to the consideration of R-DAT care. Proper alignment is critical to the operation of all tape recorders, particularly the R-DAT.

From "Audio in Media" fifth edition by Stanley R. Alten

HCS said...

"Canada's last war plans for fighting the United States were abandoned half a century ago. Britain ang Germany no longer feel threatened by each other. Intense relationships of mutual influence exist between these countries, but in most of them force is irrelevant or unimportant as an instrument of policy. Moreover, force is often not an appropriate way of achieving other goals (such as economic and ecological welfare) that are becoming more important."

-"Conflict After The Cold War: Arguments on Causes of War and Peace" by Richard K. Betts

Jon V. said...

There I fixed it Brent.