Friday, February 20, 2009

Question

So recently I have been on this kick to ask people questions on facebook to get random discussions going, get people to know each other and to open up a bit. Apparently I am not the only one asking single questions of people. I found this video via a friend and thought I should share it.


Fifty People, One Question: London from Fifty People, One Question on Vimeo.

I also have been thinking about how asking questions can help form community, yet we seldom ask them. Questions help us to get to know other, which is an essential part of community. If we don't know the other we don't have relationship or community. If we don't ask questions we won't see our common threads and where God is moving our community. If we don't ask questions we will never know the little details of other, or at least not well. But we must also ask questions of ourselves as this will help us interact with others. So as you watch the video or reflect on this think about what questions you need to be asking right now or what questions you can be asking. One of my questions right now is "Are we prepared where God will lead us next?"

3 comments:

Angel said...

Thank you for posting our project! We really appreciate your sincere comments. What city would you like to see in our next video? We look forward to hearing your response at: http://fiftypeopleonequestion.com/locations/4-london-uk

We have just finished filming in Mexico City, so please stay tuned for more! Thanks again!


http://crushlovely.com/

Jer said...

Excellent video! I think I would wake up during the 1700s as an Enlightenment thinker. Only one that still believes in the Resurrection.... haha

Jon V. said...

I think that is an oxymoron Jer.