Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Creativity?

I find that I'm not a very creative person, but I wish I was. I wish I had creativity sparked within me every once and a while. Occasionally it comes out but I'm not sure where it comes from and I'm unsure how to hold on to it for any significant amount of time. Creativity within humanity is often spoken of as one of the distinguishers of the Image of God. Of all of creation only humans are creative. A given bird species will not depart from its standard song, it does not create but reproduces. So creativity is down there deep inside of us all. But some have the ability to hold onto it for significant periods of time. How do they do it? What do you do to spark creativity inside you? Do you consider yourself creative? Any thoughts on how to form this inside yourself or others, primarily me?

Posted via email from jcvarner's posterous

1 comment:

Jer said...

I would recommend that you try your hand at multiple activities. You never know what you'll enjoy with some perseverance and guidance. I had no idea I had a talent for painting until I took a watercolor class elective at VUSC, now I love it!

After seminary (when you have time), try some courses at a junior college or community center. Who knows what talent you will find!